dissabte, 13 de maig del 2017

The power of introverts


(Abstract)

In a culture where being social and outgoing are prized above all else, it can be difficult, even shameful, to be an introvert. But, as Susan Cain argues in this passionate talk, introverts bring extraordinary talents and abilities to the world, and should be encouraged and celebrated.

(Opinion)

Have you ever been afraid to be alone? Perhaps because I have three sisters, because I have never been alone and I have always an example to follow, because of these, today I believe I am the kind of person that is afraid to stay alone.

Susan Cain makes me see the importance of introverts. Being alone should be a synonym of growing up as a person. Being alone we inevitably end by doing reflections about us. And I think that the day we understand ourselves we will understand others too.

Introverts are the kinds of people that we can called “observers”. Our society is forgetting to watch and add value to action. We should take time to listen the ones that observe and we will learn much more that with the ones that are extroverts. Extroverts don’t always have the best ideas. Let’s take time to observe and listen more. We have time to act then.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada